SPOOKY TREATS – @burberriejam Makes The Dark Crystal Cookies!
Hello! This is Joanne of @Burberriejam, and today I’m a guest blogger on the Jim Henson’s Family Hub! I develop fun recipes and treat ideas, and my most recent creation are these Dark Crystal Cookies as part of the #BestSnackEver series over at Netflix Family.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance series is very nostalgic to me, so I’m excited to introduce my nephew to the world of Thra. We watched the movie together while decorating the cookies and enjoyed snacking on them afterwards! I think that such a magical prequel deserves a magical snack, and I want to share the recipe for these sweet (and beautiful) cookies that are oh-so-fun to make, and I think you’ll enjoy them as well!
Read on for the recipe and step-by-step guide
Ingredients & Tools
Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
Purple, pink, white rock candy (4 of each)
Baking sheet and parchment paper
Small knife to cut out cookies
1. Roll out sugar cookie dough into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out random shapes with knife.
2. Bake sugar cookies until slightly golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
3. While cookies are in the oven, place the different colored rock candies in Ziploc bags.
4. When sugar cookies are ready and cooled, pipe or spread icing onto the cookie, leaving some room around the edges. Place one colour of rock candy into the center and then decorate the edges with a different colour. This will help create the geode effect!
5. Enjoy geode sugar cookies while watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix!